Account Supervisor (AS), Reporting to VP
Functions as the principal day-to-day representative of RELEVATE with respect to the development and servicing of accounts. The AS must be the facilitator of the core team – calling group meetings, discussing assignments, understanding and communicating internal and external problems/opportunities. The AS role is responsible for building deep relationships with our clients and proactively identifying new opportunities to partner with them to build their business, and ours.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensures that the services required by the accounts s/he supervises are properly performed. Responsible for the internal administration of accounts – making certain that the Account Executive and/or Account Coordinator perform their assignments effectively, being sensitive to when active participation is required versus counsel
- Preparing informative and accurate reports, communicating progress to clients
- Seeing that orders and work instructions to Creative, Editorial, etc. are detailed and clear.
- Reviews, aligns with and helps to present the creative work to the accounts s/he supervises
- Maintains a current and intensive knowledge of client’s business in order to direct and contribute to their marketing and advertising plans. Anticipates the need for strategic changes
- Creates opportunities for informal meetings with key clients to keep abreast of their thinking, to uncover areas of possible difficulty, and to cultivate closer rapport
- Assists senior management in developing and presenting new proposals to their accounts
- Strategizes with the creative, project management and market intelligence staff
- Keeps management appropriately involved and informed on all major aspects of accounts and reports on the progress of business
- Understands budgets and strives for profitability of his/her business – is cost-conscious of account expenses and alert to opportunities for growth in other product assignments.
- Works, as requested, on new business activities
Skills / Qualifications:
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, works well with others and is a team player
- Displays excellent time management and organization skills
- Possesses excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills; solid presentation skills
- Proven success managing and motivating a team
- Possesses strong budgeting / finance aptitude
- Exudes positive and professional customer service both internally and externally
- Demonstrates strong hands-on experience with a variety of basic computer programs and Project Management tools (Microsoft Office Suites, on-line CRM tools i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Utilizes project management skills to communicate/report project progress related to schedule, work performance and finance to necessary stakeholders on a regular basis
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Leads with a record of achieving results individually and through others
- Thinks strategically and executes with proven ability to achieve plans while maintaining the highest ethical standards
- Possesses an entrepreneurial business spirit and be able to thrive in a rapid growth-oriented, nimble environment where change is the norm
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in Business Administration, or Marketing)
- Masters Degree preferred
- Familiarity working within small / fast paced / growth oriented business environment
- 8+ years’ experience in Advertising / Digital Advertising / Agency environment preferred
- Pharma experience preferred
- Work in an office environment in close proximity to coworkers (cubicle environment) RELEVATE strives to have high-performing, well-balanced individuals who are generous community contributors.
This job includes the above requirements but is not limited to them.