Account Director– Hospital Client Relationship Team
|Reports to||Vice President|
|Direct Reports||Account Supervisor, Account Executive and Account Coordinator|
Are you looking to join an innovative and motivated company? Are you looking for more than a job? Are you seeking a career opportunity with a company that is a major influencer in the healthcare industry? If you are looking for a partner who will invest time in your development, support your professional growth and listen to your ideas, please continue reading.
The Account Director is responsible for the strategic direction and growth of assigned client accounts. S/he oversees the work of assigned Account Executives (AE), Account Supervisors (AS) and Account Coordinators (AC) to ensure the team meets both client and Relevate Health Group business objectives. In addition, the Account Director is responsible for helping to grow and develop the AE, AS and AC positions, preparing incumbents for future promotional opportunities company-wide. Each Account Director is also responsible for developing and representing to the team basic service line expertise in one of three key disciplines: Cardiovascular, Oncology or Orthopedics.
- Day-to-day leader of assigned accounts.
- Proactively recommends and develops solutions where appropriate and maintains proficiency in the application and implementation of client-directed initiatives – Essentials, Enterprise and Physician Liaison tools.
- When appropriate, guides, advises, and assists account team in the development and presentation of client business plans as well as new business proposals.
- Maintains strong level of insight and understanding of client needs and business drivers, and routinely shares that client intelligence and trends with key internal support units (MI, Agency, etc.).
- Leads the development and execution of key processes to support and drive business.
- Directs development, deployment, response and distribution of results from regular client satisfaction surveys.
- Serves as the primary contact for the client key executive and economic decision-makers.
- Provides regular status updates on Relevate Health Group initiatives, in general, and client performance, in particular, to key client decision-makers; to include distribution of CSat and Business Analytics results.
- As appropriate, shares insights and trends impacting business performance with key client decision-makers.
- As appropriate, provides updates and counsel on existing and new Relevate solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Ensures account revenue goals are met through both retention and growth strategies.
- Understands and strives for profitability of his/her business to Relevate Health Group.
- Is cost-conscious of account handling expenses.
- Identifies potential areas of growth or upsell among existing clients, and facilitates follow-up communications between client and leadership and/or business development.
- Participates in new business pitches, as requested.
- Serves as the contact for finance for any questions specific to billing or forecasting.
- Mentors and trains assigned Account team members on key responsibilities, including:
- How to achieve client strategic priorities with substantive goals and tactics.
- The what/why and how of key marketing channels and appropriate implementation strategies.
- How to identify and respond to forecast changes and results.
- Leads the team in a manner that encourages, inspires, guides, executes and supports company core values.
- Exhibits an equal level of comfort in all types of communication and in all venues, setting the example for both junior employees and colleagues in other departments.
- Establishes a strong work ethic and sense of urgency among team members by consistently meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
- Confidently enters into tough conversations, and always serves as a tireless and positive proponent of change.
- Ability to think strategically and translate those strategies into measurable marketing plans that effectively drive business performance.
- Ability to generate deep, targeted market insights and integrate into business decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, both internally and with clients.
- Ability to effectively lead the work of teams to deliver projects/activities on time and on budget.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce and deliver quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple projects within a customer-centric organization.
- Excellent account management and client skills.
- Excellent project management and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in but not limited to core Microsoft Suite products.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial business spirit, able to thrive in a rapid growth-oriented, nimble environment where change is the norm.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in Business Administration, or Marketing)
- Familiarity working within small/fast paced/growth oriented business environment
- 6-8 years experience in Advertising/Agency environment and/or Hospital Marketing or Planning departments preferred
- Work in an office environment in close proximity to coworkers (cubicle environment)
- Physical effort (e.g., moving or carrying objects, standing for long periods of time) required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Moderate physical effort may be required in connection with routine office work – crouching to file, lifting small boxes, pushing moderately heavy items.
- Extent to which travel is required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- 20-30% annually
- Relevate strives to hire and grow high-performing, well-balanced individuals who are generous community contributors.
This job includes the above requirements but is not limited to them.